July 4-6, 2014
Iowa State Fairgrounds
3000 East Grand Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50317
Event Contact Information:
- Goodguys Office Phone: (925) 838-9876
- Iowa State Fairgrounds Phone: (515) 262-3111
- Iowa State Fairgrounds Website
- Facility Map (PDF)
- Friday, July 4 - 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Saturday, July 5 - 8:00am to 8:00pm
- Sunday, July 6 - 8:00am to 3:00pm
|Spectator Pricing||Online Pre-Sale*||At The Gate|
|General Admission (ages 13+)||$17.00||$20.00|
|Kids (ages 7-12)||$6.00||$6.00|
|Kids (ages 6 & under)||N/A||Free|
|Military Personnel||Show your active or retired military ID for $5 off your General Admission ticket!|
|* Online discount ends at Midnight the day before the event.|
- Over 4,000 Hot Rods, Customs, Classics, Muscle Cars and Trucks thru '72
- All American Sunday
- Goodguys Autocross
- Vendor & Manufacturer Exhibits
- Swap Meet
- AutoTrader Classics Cars 4 Sale Corral
- Goodguys Saturday Night Fireworks Extravaganza - Live Music Begins At 4:00pm, Fireworks Blast-Off At Approximately 9:30pm
- Model & Pedal Car Show
- Live Music Entertainment
- Goodgals Arts & Crafts Gallery
- Free Kids Entertainment - Revell Model Car Make n’ Take, PPG Kids Coloring Contest, Clowns & More!
Cruises & Parties
- 2014 Cruisin' To Columbus Details & Hotel Info
- Thursday Poker Run - Leaves At Noon From Registration At The Iowa State Fairgrounds
- Thursday Kick Off Party - 5:00pm At The West Des Moines Marriott Hotel (Host Hotel)
- T.G.I.F Party - Friday At 5:00pm At The West Des Moines Marriott Hotel (Host Hotel)
- Fairgrounds Twilight Cruise - Cruise The Historic Grand Avenue Starting At 5:00pm
- 2014 Goodguys / Hemmings Muscle Machines Muscle Car of the Year Finalist
- 2014 Goodguys / Grundy Worldwide Insurance Muscle Machine of the Year Finalist
- 2014 Goodguys / Vintage Air Custom Rod of the Year Finalists
- 2014 Goodguys / Street Rod Headquarters Truck of the Year Early Finalist
- 2014 Goodguys / LMC Trucks Parts & Accessories Truck of the Year Late Finalist
- Goodguys Builder's Choice Awards by Roger Burman of Lakeside Rods & Rides
- PPG Dream Car
- Goodguys Gazette Pick
- Street Rodder Top 100 Event
Special Parking Areas
- Ya Gotta Drive Em' presented by Goodyear Tires
- Homebuilt Heaven presented by Speedway Motors
- Mighty Muscle
- Goodguys Builder's Choice
- YoungGuys/Gals presented by Jet-Hot Performance Coatings
- Trick Truck Corral
- Deuce Doin’s
- All American Sunday
- Friday 7/4 – 9:00am to Noon & 1:00pm to 3:00pm
- Saturday 7/5 - 9:00am to Noon & 1:00pm to 4:00pm
- All American Sunday 7/6 - 8:00am to Noon
- Click Here For More Details About Goodguys AutoCross
VEHICLE REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
“Show & Shine” Pre-Registration
For all vehicles 1972 and older, we offer the opportunity for you to participate in and display your vehicle at the show with a “Show & Shine Registration” good for all three days of the event. Your registration comes with space to display your vehicle as well as a Goodguys Goodie Bag, Tickets to the event, Children’s Passes, the chance to participate in Goodguys AutoCross, win a Goodguys Award and more!
To display your vehicle in our Show & Shine, you need to be a Goodguys Member. If you’re currently a Goodguys Member, you can display your vehicle all three days of the show for just $55.
Not a Goodguys member? No problem! You can sign-up to become a member for as little as $20 (Silver Membership) or $35 (Gold Membership). Your Goodguys membership not only gets you 12 monthly digital or hard-copy issues of the Goodguys Gazette Magazine, it also gets you loads of exclusive Goodguys Members-Only benefits and perks including discounts on car registrations and merchandise, access to the Goodguys “Good Deals” Member Discount Program, a personalized ID card and more! CLICK HERE TO BECOME A MEMBER or call (925) 838-9876.
- Pre-registration has closes for this event. Please see At-Event Registration info below.
** Please Note: Online Pre-Registration closes at midnight on 6/20/14 (2 weeks prior to the event).
"All American Sunday" Pre-Registration
For the car guys and gals who own a vehicle newer than our traditional 1972 cut-off date, we offer the “All American Sunday Registration” for all years of American made and/or powered vehicles on Sunday, July 6 only. Your registration comes with space to display your vehicle on Sunday only as well as a Goodguys Goodie Bag, Tickets to the event, Children’s Passes, the chance to participate in Goodguys AutoCross, win a Goodguys Award and more!
If you are a Goodguys Member, you can pre-register to display your vehicle at our All American Sunday, online or by phone at (925) 838-9876 beginning 1/1/14 and before 6/20/14 or you can register on the Sunday of the event at the Iowa State Fairgrounds between the hours of 7am to Noon for just $30.
Non-Members can only register their vehicle for our All American Sunday on the Sunday of the event atthe Iowa State Fairgrounds between the hours of 7am to Noon. Registration for non-members is just $40 ($30 with the discount coupon below). CLICK HERE TO BECOME A MEMBER or call (925) 838-9876.
* Please Note: Online Pre-Registration closes at midnight on 6/20/14 (2 weeks prior to the event).
“At-Event” Vehicle Registration
If you miss the Pre-Registration cut-off date for this event, which is 6/20/14, don’t worry… you can still register your vehicle the weekend of the show at the Iowa State Fairgrounds* during the following hours:
- Thursday 7/3 - 10:00am to 5:00pm
- Friday 7/4 - 7:00am to 6:00pm
- Saturday 7/5 - 7:00am to 3:00pm
- Sunday 7/6 - 7:00am to noon
SWAP MEET & AUTOTRADER CLASSICS CARS 4 SALE CORRAL
If you would like to sell automotive parts or memorabilia in the Swap Meet or a vehicle in the AutoTrader Classics Cars 4 Sale Corral, please contact the Swap Meet Director for this event using the information below:
P.O. Box 21311
Columbus, OH 43221
- Click Here To Download A Registration Form (PDF)
- Click Here For More Information About Goodguys Swap Meets & Cars 4 Sale Corral
Make a vacation out of your trip to a Goodguys show by exploring and experiencing the many great local attractions, sporting events, museums, gardens and restaurants in the surrounding area.
Onsite RV camping is available for $25.00/night payable at the campground gate. No reservations are accepted and campsites are first come, first serve. For more information call (515) 262-3111.
Event Scooters will provide the scooter rental service for this event. You can make reservations by calling (567) 674-8729 or on their website by clicking here.
Model & Pedal Car Show
Goodgals Arts & Crafts Gallery
If you are interested in participating in the Goodgals Arts & Crafts Gallery, please contact:
2600 E. 40th Court Des Moines, IA 50317-5538
For all media inquiries, please contact John Drummond at (650) 393-5699 or e-mail him here.
Online Pre-Registration closes at midnight on 6/20/14 (2 weeks prior to the event).
No golf carts or motorized conveyances are allowed! Exceptions will be made for disabled participants with single-person conveyances only.
No pets, cans, bottles, bicycles, scooters or roller/inline skates are allowed on grounds